The key focus of the announcement is the Wildcats’ efforts to create an affordable, family-friendly gameday atmosphere that provides as much access to fans as possible. Dozens of pregame activities, reasonably-priced tickets, and player interactions headline the Wildcats’ Week 2 offerings.
Here is the official press release:
Los Angeles (Feb 4, 2020) – The XFL Los Angeles Wildcats have announced key elements of the team’s 2020 gameday experience at Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson. All five LA Wildcats home games during the the team’s first season will take place on Sundays, with the home opener kickoff scheduled for Sunday, February 16 at 12 p.m. against the Dallas Renegades.
“The Wildcat way is a great football experience that is fun for the entire family and all fans, whether you are eight or eighty years old,” said Wildcats President Heather Brooks Karatz. “Our pledge is to provide access and affordability through initiatives like $20 tailgate parking and player meet-and-greets.”
Elements of the LA Wildcats gameday include (but are not limited to):
- Parking lot opens three hours ahead of kickoff, with an affordable $20 price point to park and tailgate.
- A three-hour Wildcats FanFest that is accessible from the parking lot and will feature:
- Live broadcasts from our media partners, happy hour-priced beer and a hometown fair of community partners.
- A DJ selected through a fan poll conducted over the summer on Wildcat social media channels.
- Players going straight from their buses to the Wildcats FanFest and entering the stadium along “Wildcat Way” to connect with fans prior to kickoff.
- A special “Cub Zone” for families with kid-friendly music, face painting, arts and crafts and more.
- Unique access to sounds of the game that bring fans close to the action, including player interviews after great plays and commentary from Head Coach Winston Moss.
- In-stadium-only promotions for fans with prizes that include VIP access to the post-game press conference and locker room.
- Jumbotron entertainment that celebrates the community.
The Wildcats also recently announced a “Family Four Pack” for $80 that includes four tickets and a unique experience for each game, starting with a post-game picture on the field for the home opener.
The Wildcats will open the season this weekend against the Houston Roughnecks (-3.5) in TDECU Stadium in Houston, 5PM EST on FOX.